Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Gamuda Essay.


this is the essay that i wrote for gamuda scholarship application,,, penuh bangga diri ayat2 nye,, hahahahha... read and heed...

It is not in my mind to be involved in this field as my teenage dream is to be a traveler. But as there is no specific course for me to enroll to become a traveler, I have decided to try Landscape Architecture. Why? Because the first time I heard of it, I thought this field will also serve as the platform for me to travel across the world. So why not? You could practice a a professional and could travel the world at the same time. Its once in a lifetime chance that I should grab because I know if I pursue my studies in any other field, I will have less opportunities to travel across the world and learn new things.

Being in this course for almost 2 semesters, I learn that the choices I have made is difficult one. This course is beyond what I have always imagine back then. It's not about design only, it's about everything are interrelated in landscape. I have learned, how design will affect human surroundings as well as nature. I learned that we need to consider all factors and issues involve before designing for the people. And after all, i think this is what I really want to do in my life.
   
My career aspiration are to find stimulating and challenging position which builds on my university skills and knowledge, as well as professional experience. I have set a goal to open my own firm at my hometown as there were no such firm in Kelantan until this date. By opening a landscape consultant firm,I hope I can educate people about sustainable development so that whatever changes we make to this world, it still could occupy the needs of future generations. I feel called to have this high hope as I see nowadays many project have been built without considering what effect it will give to human for long time period.

I am ambitious individual who wants to learn and develop under the guidance of those at the top of their field and then use those skills to become an expert myself. So, I need as much help and knowledge that I can have to achieve my ambitions. Besides, I am somebody who can accept responsibility given to me. I also can communicate honestly, openly and consistently which I think the the most important factors to manage a working group and to deal with customer or client.Besides, I always put high commitment to make any task given succeed by willing to work for the best interest of the task. Although I am a little bit lenient, but I know how to say 'no' when the time comes. I feel that being a little bit lenient is also an advantage because we are working and dealing with human who's given with emotion and feeling not robots.

Lastly, I hope I'll be able to achieve my career aspiration with the quality I have and with the quality I will learn someday soon. I also hope that my high hopes but small ambition will contribute greatly to the society and country in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment